Check your license before you book!
To make a hire agreement
- You will need to be aged 23 or over at the date of rental and have a full, clean driving licence for at least two years (*minibus requirements are 25 years and Category D1 license)
- Drivers aged between 23-25 will be subject to Young Drivers Surcharge and drivers under 25 may only drive vehicles in groups A, VA or VB
Collecting your car hire
- A full driving License for all named drivers, with details of all endorsements. If you hold the new photocard License, the photocard AND the paper section of your License must be shown at the time of rental.
- A credit card. The credit card must be in the name of one of the drivers.
- British customers should bring in two forms of identification received no more than 4 weeks previous. i.e. utility bill (latest), bank statement, police warrant card or HM Forces ID card.
- The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be returned full, otherwise our current refuelling charge will apply.
- Your rental price will include VAT and insurance costs with limited mileage (250/day or 750/week max 2000 per month). Our rental agent will ask if any additional insurance is required. Please see our Insurance section.
- You will be given a Rental Agreement to check and sign. This will show any additional services and damage protection with the relevant charges.
- It is important you check the vehicle for any damage to help assess any damage that occurs during your rental. You will be asked to sign a Pre Rental Inspection document at the start and end of the rental.
- All major international Credit Cards accepted such as Eurocard/Mastercard and Visa. Switch, british Maestro and Visa Delta Debit Cards are accepted. All other Debit Cards are not accepted. Cash Payment is not accepted.
- Cancellations require 24 hour notice, minimum
Using your hire vehicle
- You must receive permission to take the vehicle out of the UK and additional formalities and charges will be applied. These can easily be arranged for you - just contact your MIDHIRE office in advance of the rental. Please note that there are some vehicle groups that are not permitted to leave the UK and some countries where entry is prohibited. Please see Insurances and Conditions for detailed information.
- If you wish to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, this must be agreed with MIDHIRE so that the rental documents can be extended.
Returning your car hire
- Return your car by the agreed time
- Final payment for your total rental will be processed
Photo Driving License, have you checked yours?
Checking your Driving License, advice from Midhire
Midhire 0121 709 5000